Wednesday, February 11, 2009

100th day of school

Yesterday D had to bring in 100 of something to count at school to celebrate 100th day of school. He chose Lego's...(surprise, surprise...he loves Lego's)

I haven't been posting much lately, partly because I am running ragged. Partly because I promised when starting this blog, that it wouldn't be a place I'd come to bitch, and I haven't had a good attitude lately. I want about 6 more hours a day to get things done, and more income to pay these bills, cheaper health insurance, nicer weather, and good news on the adoptions.
I went to Ms. Hazel's Monday. Brought her milk, bananas, and donuts on her request. I cleaned AS FAST AS I COULD for 2 hours, while H was in preschool. Since Monday, I think about her all the time. She cried when I left, making me late to pick up H, which made H cry because I had my friend run over and get her. I don't like cleaning a very dirty house, filled with dog pee. But I have only seen Hazel twice and I feel I love her. I want to help her more, and I just don't have the time to do it. She is so lonely, 87 yrs old, lives alone, but shouldn't. She has no family, had no children...no one deserves to end their life this way. I am sure there are worse, I don't want to think about that. But Hazel is a lovely lady with a very sad lonely heart, and it's just not fair. I always think "after I get this and that done...I'll have more time for that and this" but it doesn't happen...it's always busy around here...I know I know, it will be more crazy and more busy when W comes home, then when L comes home... I just have to learn how to organize my time better, and stay off this darn computer!! LOL

1 comment:

Sarah said...

A, I feel like you somehow got into my brain and wrote my own thoughts down! I have a great aunt who sounds very much like Miss Hazel, and it's heartbreaking. You are a good person, dear, to be doing so much. Hang in there. Sunnier days are sure to be ahead!