Thursday, February 5, 2009

What jobs have you had?

H wanted a picture with her glitter shoes on...so I took some.


This is a pic from sledding on Sunday, we love this new hill we found. We actually went there again today, but I didn't bring the camera. I like the simple things in life. (and cheap fun)

I went to an older women's house today...87 year old. Her name is Hazel. Isn't that a beautiful name that you never hear? I used to clean houses, but haven't since I had my 6 yr old. Cleaning houses is the hardest work I have done...This lady has no family and she recently took a bad fall. So, I am giving up two mornings a week to go clean her house...pick up groceries for her, etc. I really do love old people and their stories of their life. I hope it all works out. Although I still need to paint the girl's room, the boys room is done. I'll post before and after pics soon. It turned out great!


So anyone out there work an unusual job? I have had nothing unusual, but here is my long list...
1. Subway
2. Denny's
3. Greenhouse
4. Chuck E Cheese
5. Wedding Banquets
6. Landscape Nursery
7. McDonald's (2 weeks)
8. Nanny (2 different families)
9. Daycare/Preschool Teacher
10. Cocktail waitress
11. Bowling Alley lane waitress
12. House cleaner
13. Gas City

Yes, I am a real career gal I know, working the jobs that take great skill (HAHA). I might have forgot a few...I worked some of these at the same time. I guess I never got bored at one thing...I did what I could to work around being a mom and not wanting someone else raising him. I brought him with me to teach preschool, cleaned houses when he was at Kindergarten, and cocktailed Friday nights. I love taking pics, working at a portrait studio is a job I would have liked. I am not gonna "tag" anyone...but feel free to blog your past occupations...which ones you liked, which ones you hated...
Gotta pass this time...missing W and L...

Do you notice.... I put a lot of.... these.... in my ....writing.....I have no idea how I picked up that habit!




1 comment:

Sarah said...

I think I'm the ...queen, lol! I hope you didn't catch that bad habit from me ;)

I loved reading your jobs list! I worked in a pickle factory plunging pickles into jars. With a Pickle Plunger. It even said so on it. Glamorous, huh?

I've worked in a frozen yogurt stand, TJ Maxx, landscape nursery, call center, insurance agency, temp agency, law firms, and I've nannied. I think the worst job I ever learned about was selling knives door to door. I sat in on one of those 2 hour meetings where they try to convince you to buy the product to start selling. Uh, yeah, a 20 year old girl, going about the trailer parks, by herself, pre-cell phone days, selling KNIVES. Sounds like a great idea, huh? Still amazes me at the # of people they got to sign up (I ran fast and far away from that, lol!)