Sunday, February 1, 2009

Roller Rink Field Trip...

My daughter had a preschool field trip to a roller rink last week. This was H's first time on skates. It was fun, and brought back memories. There was a roller rink while I was in junior high and high school and had a teen night every Friday. My friends and I used to get dropped off and hang out for a few hours without our parents there. I learned to skate pretty good back then, however didn't put skates on at the field trip in fear that I couldn't skate and hold up my daughter. I am happy to say that I think roller rinks have changed for the better since I was a teen. Back then, cigarette machines were everywhere, including the roller rink, where anyone, any age had access...and smoking was allowed inside the roller rink...there also weren't parents there, so almost no supervision... at 15-16 years old, we thought we were adults!! I know I am getting old now, when I see a 15 year old as just a "baby".

me and H...

I am glad I brought these which were purchased at a garage sale...the rental skates are so heavy for little feet!!

I am happy to see the rinks around here cleaned up a bit, no more smoking allowed, and no more cigarette machines...but snow cones still available at the snack counter...


1 comment:

Isabelle said...

HI Amanda, the kids in Haiti really ,really love those ice with really sweet juice on it!!
You will have to bring W to have some!!
Isa