Thursday, November 20, 2008

My boy was shaking in his boots...

I agree with those of you who will roll your eyes, but for my son's birthday last night we surprised him as we pulled up to a Verizon Wireless store. He has wanted a cell phone for a couple years, and I don't know about other parts of the country, but here...all the kids have them. My son is a boy and not a huge talker, but it is a gadget, and boy does he love gadgets. I have never received so many thank yous from him, he was shaking he was so excited. Then to top it off, Grandma gave him a PSP, another gadget...he is still on cloud nine and said this was his BEST birthday ever! Well, you only turn a "teenager" once, so we had to make it a good one! Now he needs to show how responsible he will be with it, and do some chores around here to help pay the monthly bill!

3 comments:

sarah said...

How fun for him! It is the same crazy way here in Utah. Our neighbor girl got hers in 3rd grade! My nine yr old is already asking I told her she had to wait until junior high. Give me a break who does she need to talk to, to and from the bus stop that is one block away, and she walking with her friends. Some good ol fashion talking can't hurt her for a few more years LOL. Honestly I am going to be really excited when I can finally get her one.

Sarah said...

What an awesome way to start off your teens! Very cool!

A, I love your blog! Your children are absolutely beautiful! Could I link it on mine?
-Sarah C.

A Blessed Life said...

I'm so glad you started a blog - it's such a great way to get to know the families I already feel a connection to through our online support group.
Leanne