Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Not only do we celebrate the New Year with being thankful for our health, safety, and happiness we had in 2008, we also got the great news that...
W is IN MOI !!!! and L will be in IBESR next week!!!!
Now if those aren't reasons to throw confetti all over the house right after mom cleaned the house...I don't know what would be!
Also, W's birth parent interview went "fine" so I guess no DNA was requested!!
WOO HOO!!!

Notice my son ready to chug his orange pop we toasted with...(the extra kid is my son's friend)
My son D took this pic of me!
We spent the night doing 5 science experiments, the most exciting was putting vinegar in a 35 mm film container, then quickly putting in baking soda wrapped in a piece of Kleenex. Quickly put the lid on and wait a few seconds for the top to fly off making a loud noise making everyone scream!! We also made ooze (below).
B with his friend on the PC.
B just thrilled that I made him look at my camera...
Earlier in the day we played with Moon sand!!! Messy, but so much fun!! (extra kid is our neighbor who spent the night...)

Another blog I read has posted some cool things she has done to her home. I love seeing other people's homes to get ideas for my own. I thought I'd post some pics of our home for others to see. Yes, we have a small home, but we make it work. We have little storage and no closet by the door. This is a cubby that my dad and hubby built. Stairs going upstairs are to the left of this cubby and our front door is to the right.

This is my $6 bench! It also opens for storage!!
Our front room... notice the wood cabinets in this room which are filled with bins of toys...(also note the blue gun on the chair next to the door...doesn't everyone keep a gun by their front door? LOL)
We have yet to buy one of those LCD flat thin TVs. It is on our wish list, but not one of the top 5 things on our wish list...so who knows when we will actually get one...
This is a wall we opened up a couple years ago, I love that we did it!
Hopefully this year will bring good business to our company and we will be able to fix more things around this house that need it!! I am also going to start painting the boys room and girls room now that the holidays are over. I know most people have their kids rooms ready a long time ago, but I will be sure to get them done before W gets home!!

3 comments:

A Blessed Life said...

You have a lovely home. I love those shelves and hooks for shoes and jackets.
Congratulations on file movement- that's so exciting!

Marta said...

Yea! W is in MOI, you're on the backstretch now!

Elder Cook said...

What awesome New Years news. Shoot I can't wait till they are home with you all. Cute family