Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The complaining tag team...

Yeah...I think we should start one...really....it's almost Christmas and I think beyond the usual complaints of waiting for our children from Haiti, comes a sadness, that yet another time to celebrate, and they're not here to celebrate with us. A couple other mom's from the orphanage have been having a hard time with the waiting, and so have I. We committed to our daughter in March 2007, and we had then thought she'd be home this Christmas...and she's not even IN MOI yet. And our little guy who we committed to in March 2008 is not even in IBESR yet!!! Yeah...9 months and not in IBESR!! It's hard for me to feel no control in this situation. Sometimes I think I am crazy, that I dreamed them up, dreamed my trips to Haiti, etc. Updated pics of them (which are few and far between what they used to be now that the orphanage moved and now have a new visiting schedule) are what keeps my brain assured that I am not crazy...that they really do exist. Getting frequent pics, you notice small changes...then when it was several months between pics, it looked like she was a whole year older! I feel so discouraged lately, like others are feeling. I know others situations are worse than mine...but the ups and downs like a roller coaster are really taking years off my life...
OUR DAUGHTER WHEN WE COMMITTED TO HER...MARCH 2007

1 comment:

sarah said...

She does look so young in that picture. I know how you feel and somedays are easier than others. I like the quote "I never said it would be easy but that it would be worth it."