Sunday, December 28, 2008

Spent my Christmas $...

We have had these 2 toads for 4-5 months now, and they are doing well, so I chose to spend $30 of my Christmas money on a bigger nicer environment for them...and they love it, they even told me so!! (OK, so these are my son D's toads...the secret is, they really are my toads, I love toads. One of my fav childhood memories is when I got tadpoles from a neighbors run down pool they were getting rid of. I watched those tadpoles grow into toads and let them free. I also caught a large toad when I was young and tried to keep him as a pet, but he died. So, I originally had little faith in these guys, but they are doing good. We saved them both, one out of our sump-pump, the other from getting squished at my hubby's job site.) Don't you love the half coconut with a door cut in it? They love it, it somewhat reminds me of the huts you see in Haiti...

Also, I try to introduce new foods once in a while. My kids are picky eaters and do not like many veggies, but when I got these for them to try, a pomegranate and sugar snap peas, my son D says "Mom, where did you get these, are they American foods?" I couldn't help but laugh!!
D liked the pomegranate, H liked the sugar snap peas, B didn't care for neither.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Atticus totally wishes he lived at your house! He is a toad kid. His mom (me) is not. I hate to say it, but the tadpole thing in his room gives me the heebie jeebies.
And way to go on getting your kids to try out some new fruits and veggies! Not an easy thing to do sometimes :)