Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I've been tagged!

I've Been Tagged
Here the rules to receiving this award:You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous bloggers in a post.
You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.
On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them.
I was tagged by Sarah @ getznelson.blogspot.com
She is adopting a cute boy from the same orphanage W and L are at. Although Sarah lives in another state than us, I feel she is a friend. Sometimes only others along side you in the process of adopting can really understand the emotions we go through. I am glad Sarah is my friend. I can always count on her for support, or to just listen to me vent.
This is what she wrote about me: A, she is another adoptive mom, with a cute family and a big heart.
Ok so five things I am addicted too:
1. Coffee...I know others are saying this, but it's true. I love my morning cup, and I usually only have one...sometimes two. But I never drink it after noonish. If I don't drink my coffee, I get migraines, and crabby...and then i realize how addicted I really am!!
2. Sunshine...I NEED sunshine. Sunshine makes me happy. I really think I am one of those people who could really benefit from a face lamp in the winter. In the winter I get grumpy and dream about those long lost summer days.
3. Kissing my kids...they will all tell you I kiss them too much. I could kiss them all day and never get enough. The older they get the less kisses they want, the less cuddling they will allow, and I am gonna get as much as I can now!!
4. Computer of course...for adoption related issues. It really becomes a compulsive disorder that I have acquired. From info on my files, to pictures, to being there for others on the adoption group, to weather in Haiti, to news going on in Haiti, etc...it's very easy to let it consume your life.
5. Feeling guilty...I always think I could do better in many aspects of my life. I am always thinking of ways to make my kids lives more fun, more simplified, more organized, more educational activities, more quality time together. I just want to raise them the best I can. There just isn't enough time in a day to do all I want with my kids, and I am sure when W and L come home, this will just intensify!!

Oh, and Sarah...I do the same thing with the TV, I laughed when I read your 5th addiction. I never watch TV...but when I go to sleep, my hubby is usually already asleep, and the house is quite...so I turn on the TV, roll over and go to sleep...I don't even care what channel it's on!

1 comment:

sarah said...

That was great! And thank-you, I totally know how you feel about the guilty addiction, I also do the same thing. I hope you and your family Have a Merry Christmas!!!